Monday, October 22, 2012

Everything is possible through yoga!

Well, at least that is what I have decided after an incredible "aha" moment today and a big breakthrough on a tough pose.  After less than a year of dedicated yoga practice and a month long intensive teacher training I am doing things that I never thought would be possible and I am 90% pain-free at this time.

I was able to kick myself up into a full arm balance or handstand (adho mukha vrksasana http://www.yogajournal.com/poses/788 ), hold it for almost a minute and come down with a little grace.  If someone had told me a year ago I would be able to do that, I would have thanked them for the confidence in me, but laughed it off for sure.  My upper body strength and suppleness seems to grow daily.  My core strength is getting really good.  My legs are tightening up in a good way and loosening up where they should.  Yoga has done wonders for my body.  It has done wonders for my memory, my ability to focus and my overall attitude towards life.

So, now I am able to start seeing beyond the past limitations of my body and see that I am now ready for what comes my way and will be able to make a big list of new resolutions and goals that I will be able to meet and possibly exceed.

I am starting my list today....here's a taste of what I now believe is possible!

1.  get up into headstand (sirsasana)
2.  do a cartwheel
3.  walk on my hands
4.  arm balances
5........
6................
7....................
More to come for sure!  I just feel strong, vibrant, confident, and completely able.  The absence of pain seems to really be the biggest blessing and certainly lends me the optimism to truly believe that all things are possible now.   I feel like at 46, I am only just beginning my life.  Pretty incredible feeling, honestly.

Thank you yoga.  Thank you fellow Seattle yoga students.  Thank you universe.  Thank you husband for allowing me to move forward with this with your full support.  Thank you life.  Thank you love.  Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment