Sunday, September 23, 2012

Whidbey Island Adventure today!

Here is Whitey III on the ferry from Mukilteo to Whidbey Island.

Took advantage of being up in Seattle to visit Whidbey Island again today on my only day off of the week.  I completely lucked out and it was a gorgeous, sunny day hovering around 70 degrees!

Whidbey Island is incredibly artsy and quaint.  I started out in Langley, a town I had stayed in for a week last March for an oil painting workshop with Dreama Tolle Perry.  It was pretty good timing in addition to the weather because they were having a gypsy jazz music festival and there were musicians randomly jamming together all over town and you could sip on a latte and listen for free.  It was really a nice touch.   I had invited Brittany from my teacher training to come up and visit the island as well, and we met for lunch and browsed a few shops before we both went our separate ways.  It was fun to share Langley with them.

I then drove up to Coupeville, about 3/4 of the way up the island.  It was a nice drive and I found a great shop with baby items and ice cream.  Not a bad combo actually!  Stopped in a few art galleries today as well.  It got me itching to be in front of my easel though.

I am itching to be home to paint, to be with my husband and to get back to the real world and life again.  But...while I am here, it was a fun diversion today and Whitey enjoyed the trip too!

No comments:

Post a Comment